- Modest Mouse‘s April 20 show at Stage AE sold out in less than a week. And unlike the alt-J concert, this was has SOLD OUT written big across the ticketing page.
- San Francisco rock band Foxygen perform at Mr. Smalls April 13. Their first album was fun, folksy pastoral psych, and their second was a sprawling mess. So split the difference?
- Jazz legend Roy Ayers plays the intimate Cabaret at Theater Square with his Ubiquity ensemble April 28.
- Local indie rock trio Meeting of Important People release a new single at the Andy Warhol Museum April 18, with special guests The Van Allen Belt, and singer-songwriter Morgan Erina.
- Noted singer/songwriter Madeleine Peyroux pays visit to Oakland’s Carnegie Lecture Hall in an event that is part of the Warhol’s Sound Series.
- Amy Ray and Emily Saliers, better known as the Indigo Girls, perform a career-spanning set at Heinz Hall April 30, with backing from the Pittsburgh Symphony Orchestra.
- Finally, local indie-pop outfit Mariage Blanc, one of our Sound Picks from February, hosts an album release party at Brillobox April 24, with Delicious Pastries and City Steps.