As Pittsburgh continues to recover from the pandemic’s economic effects, its real estate market remains strong — and there are always cool homes for sale.
Consider, for example, these five homes. One has original murals painted by an engineer-turned-artist, and another has an artistic interior. Two showcase the city with their walls of windows, and one is a stylish condo in the former Chase Brass & Copper Factory.
Why it’s cool: Early murals by pop artist Jeremy Raymer
- Neighborhood: Lawrenceville
- Realtor: Derek Latch, Compass
- Specs: 3 bedrooms, 2 baths, 1,858 sq. ft.
- Notable features: Original murals; corner lot and fenced back yard with gardens, deck and fire pit; high ceilings, crown molding, hardwood flooring; two kitchens.
Why it’s cool: Open living with wall of windows framing city
- Neighborhood: Mt. Washington
- Realtor: Darlene Gibson, Redfin
- Specs: 4 bedrooms, 2.5 baths, 2,475 sq. ft.
- Notable features: Gas fireplace; stunning granite countertops; intercom system, security system; basement game room; deck; garage.
Why it’s cool: Private elevator, two balconies, former factory
- Neighborhood: North Side
- Realtor: Todd Kilgore, Piatt Sotheby’s
- Specs: 3 bedrooms, 3.5 baths, 4,147 sq. ft.
- Notable features: Open floor plan; bamboo and heart of pine flooring; granite countertops; wet bar; fireplace; large closets; skyline views.
908 Settlers Ridge Road, $1,040,000
Why it’s cool: Sunken living room, great room with cathedral ceiling
- Neighborhood: Fox Chapel
- Realtor: Stephanie Veenis, Howard Hanna
- Specs: 5 bedrooms, 4.5 baths, 4,798 sq. ft.
- Notable features: Home office; owner’s suite with deck; pergola deck; 1-acre lot with fenced yard and gardens; in-law suite; game room; exercise room.
5703 Aylesboro Ave., $1,250,000
Why it’s cool: Mid-century modern, artistic interior
- Neighborhood: Squirrel Hill North
- Realtor: Roslyn Neiman, Howard Hanna
- Specs: 3 bedrooms, 2.5 baths, 2,249 sq. ft.
- Notable features: Corner lot with gardens; walls of glass; built-ins throughout; granite composition flooring; kitchen island; rear deck.
Looking for more distinctive homes for sale in Pittsburgh? Read Your move: 5 cool homes for sale in Pittsburgh, from a Downtown penthouse to a converted grocery store in Lawrenceville.