NEXTpittsburgh is seeking a Head of Organizational Infrastructure (HOI). The HOI will work 20 hours a week, but will likely be adjusted as the business grows.
The HOI will be responsible for coordinating and supporting NEXTpittsburgh’s sales and editorial operations. This vital team member will work directly with the Publisher and Editor to develop overall organizational structures, put them in place, and then execute those systems and processes.
The ideal candidate will have a strong service background, attention to detail, a high capability with and understanding of technology, amazing organizational skills, and a willingness to be part of a team. Job duties will include administrative, advertising, and marketing needs, social media support, technology, and company system support, processing, and other customer service duties as assigned.
- Work directly with Publisher and Editor to continually improve the organization’s systems and processes
- Provide excellent customer services to clients, sales/account management team, vendors, and others
- Provide instruction and support on office systems
- Handle other miscellaneous tasks, including assisting the Editor with a statement of work management, helping the sales team with contract management, and other company programs
- Work with the Publisher in improving marketing, advertising and technology needs related to company resources on request
- Assist the Editor with email management and scheduling with prospective writers
- Provide social media and marketing support to allow the sales/account management team to focus on the growth of their business
- Input timely and accurate to Company related systems
- Perform a variety of other administrative duties as assigned
- 2+ years experience in a customer-centric business environment with administrative responsibility for sales operations
- Online media background preferred
- Strong customer service skills with excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to interact successfully with both internal and external customers at all levels
- Strong working knowledge of computer applications, such as but not limited to:
- Google Web-Based services
- Basic network connectivity
- Proficient and skilled in social media including Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter and Instagram company web pages
- Ability to perform without delay and in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to manage and execute assignments with competing priorities
- Creative problem-solving skills
- Highly skilled and motivated in both administrative and technology duties
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and be flexible with changing business needs
- Willingness to work additional hours as needed and approved by management
Employment Type: Part-time
Remote-based with some in-person activities
NEXTpittsburgh: About Us
NEXTpittsburgh is an online news outlet focusing on the smart people, projects, places and ideas taking Pittsburgh to the next level. On a daily basis, we publish articles and news in areas ranging from arts and culture to innovation and technology to health and education. And we help readers navigate the city by writing about all the cool things happening here, from micro-brewing to bike lanes to renovated parks and historic buildings in city neighborhoods and beyond.
In 2020, more than 2.1 million unique readers visited our site. While our readers are generally smarter than average and more engaged in our city, they expect a lot from us and we aim to deliver.
Our Vision: To be the indispensable digital media company in the Pittsburgh region by telling, in the most innovative ways, the authentic stories of what is happening and who is making it happen.
Our Mission: Deliver news and ideas on what matters to the people who care about Pittsburgh in the way they want it.