On the eastern edge of Pittsburgh sits Regent Square, a charming tree-lined community nestled between the busy thoroughfares of the Parkway East to the south and Forbes Avenue to the east.
Geographically, the community sits on a rectangular plateau, wonderfully buffered from the city by the steep valleys of Fern Hollow Creek to the west and Nine Mile Run to the south, giving it a small town within a city feeling. The abundance of Frick Park, along its western edge, adds to its abundance.
Four municipalities contribute to the neighborhood—Pittsburgh, Edgewood, Swissvale and Wilkinsburg—giving it wide and welcoming streets that are graced by an eclectic mix of homes with a diverse range of architectural styles.
The village-like business district on Braddock Avenue lies at the heart of Regent Square, a tremendous source of civic pride. Here you will find the Regent Square Theatre, one of the largest nonprofit art houses in the region and one of America’s last great single-screen movie houses.
The business district teems with foot traffic and adds to the bustle of those making their way to coffee shops, café, bakery, yoga studios, vintage dishware and lighting shops and the many services, all within a mere two blocks.
Nearby Frick Park is a favorite spot to walk dogs and give them the freedom to play at a established dog park. Hiking trails, soccer fields and playgrounds are here too, making it a spacious haven for urban living.
More Regent Square News
- Meet UpstreamPgh: New name, same dedication to the Nine Mile Run watershed
- What $350,000 will buy you in Pittsburgh right now
- Updated: Square Café’s East Liberty location now open. My Goodness moves into old space
- Redstart Roasters cafe now open in East Liberty
- Square Café moving from Regent Square to East Liberty
- Frick Park Tavern, a redo of Ease Modern Comfort, debuts in Regent Square
- 12 great places to get tacos in Pittsburgh
- A historic, rundown Swissvale schoolhouse will soon house 18 new condos, some affordable
- Eat/Drink: Smoke close to reopening, Chipotle comes to Oakland and more
- Construction underway on Frick Environmental Center